‘DYLAN, CASH, AND THE NASHVILLE CATS: A NEW MUSIC CITY’ A 2CD SONIC COMPANION TO THE HISTORIC EXHIBIT ON DISPLAY AT COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME & MUSEUM IN NASHVILLE SET FOR RELEASE FRIDAY JUNE 19TH
FEATURING AN UNRELEASED BOB DYLAN TRACK AND ESSENTIAL NASHVILLE RECORDINGS
EXCLUSIVE SPOTIFY PLAYLIST, WITH COMMENTARY FROM NASHVILLE CAT CHARLIE DANIELS, AND SUMMER CONCERT PLANNED TO CELEBRATE THE ALBUM
Sony Music Entertainment Australia is proud to announce DYLAN, CASH, AND THE NASHVILLE CATS: A NEW MUSIC CITY, a 2CD companion to the historic exhibit currently on display at the Country Music Hall of Fame ® and Museum in Nashville, Tennessee.
DYLAN, CASH, AND THE NASHVILLE CATS: A NEW MUSIC CITY features a previously unreleased version of Bob Dylan’s ‘If Not For You’ and 35 other essential tracks and will be available Friday June 19th 2015.
The Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum exhibition, ‘Dylan, Cash, and the Nashville Cats: A New Music City Presented by Citi’, opened on March 27, 2015 and will run through December 31, 2016. The museum will celebrate the album’s launch with a concert to be held in the US on July 7, 2015. The line-up for the concert will be announced soon.
From now, fans can follow a special Spotify playlist with ten cuts from the forthcoming album. A new song will be added to the playlist each week leading up to the album’s release on June 19th. The featured songs will be accompanied by special commentary from Charlie Daniels, one of the Nashville Cats.
“Bob Dylan surprised many when he came to Nashville and began working with the city’s unmatched session musicians the Nashville Cats“, said Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum historian Michael Gray. “Around this same time, Johnny Cash was recruiting folk and rock musicians – including Dylan – to appear on his groundbreaking network television show. This album and Spotify playlist, with commentary from Nashville Cat Charlie Daniels, explore this magical time in A New Music City.”
DYLAN, CASH, AND THE NASHVILLE CATS: A NEW MUSIC CITY explores the relationship between pop, rock, folk and country music through a variety of essential recordings that define an American era and sensibility that continue to shape and influence contemporary culture across the world.
Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, The Byrds, Simon & Garfunkel, Neil Young, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Linda Ronstadt and The Monkees were among the many pop, rock and folk artists who came to Nashville in the late 1960s and early 1970s to record with Music City’s exquisitely versatile session musicians, known to insiders as the ‘Nashville Cats’.
DYLAN, CASH, AND THE NASHVILLE CATS: A NEW MUSIC CITY pays homage to these often unheralded session players through 36 pivotal tracks recorded in Nashville in the 1960s and 1970s by many of the biggest names and most popular artists in contemporary music. It embodies the universal spirit of music that defies boundaries and categories, finding and celebrating the common bond between rock, pop and country music in records that will live forever.
DYLAN, CASH, AND THE NASHVILLE CATS: A NEW MUSIC CITY provides fresh opportunities to enjoy the lasting musical contributions of the Nashville Cats – among them David Briggs, Kenny Buttrey, Fred Carter Jr., Charlie Daniels, Pete Drake, Mac Gayden, Lloyd Green, Ben Keith, Grady Martin, Charlie McCoy, Wayne Moss, Weldon Myrick, Norbert Putnam, Jerry Reed, Pig Robbins and Buddy Spicher – and the abiding masterpieces they helped create.
In the wake of Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash, Nashville became a new kind of music capitol, drawing an incredible influx of musicians, writers, and artists. The liberating musical climate and the burgeoning countercultural movement provided a supercharged atmosphere for creativity.
Since opening in March, the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum’s ‘Dylan, Cash, and the Nashville Cats: A New Music City Presented by Citi’ exhibit has been generating high praise for its critical acumen and historic significance.
For further information on the exhibition please visit countrymusichalloffame.org
DYLAN, CASH, AND THE NASHVILLE CATS: A NEW MUSIC CITY
1. Absolutely Sweet Marie – Bob Dylan
2. Harpoon Man – Charlie McCoy & the Escorts
3. It Ain’t Me, Babe – Johnny Cash
4. Down In The Flood – Flatt & Scruggs
5. The Way I Feel – Gordon Lightfoot
6. I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight – Bob Dylan
7. You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere – The Byrds
8. This Wheel’s On Fire – Ian & Sylvia
9. Gentle On My Mind – John Hartford
10. Some Of Shelly’s Blues – The Monkees
11. Turn Around – The Beau Brummels
12. I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry – Tracy Nelson
13. If You Don’t Like Hank Williams (1968 Demo) – Kris Kristofferson
14. Bird On The Wire – Leonard Cohen
15. Hickory Wind – The Byrds
16. Blowing Down That Dusty Road – Country Joe McDonald
17. The Boxer – Simon & Garfunkel
18. Stone Fox Chase – Area Code 615
19. The Byrds Sweetheart Of The Rodeo Radio Ad (Bonus Track)
1. Girl From The North Country – Bob Dylan with Johnny Cash
2. Driftin’ Way Of Life – Jerry Jeff Walker
3. Behind That Locked Door – George Harrison
4. Crazy Mama – J.J. Cale
5. Beaucoups Of Blues – Ringo Starr
6. Going To The Country – Steve Miller Band
7. Heart Of Gold – Neil Young
8. If Not For You (Previously Unreleased Version) – Bob Dylan with Lloyd Green
9. City Of New Orleans – Steve Goodman
10. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down – Joan Baez
11. Blue River – Eric Andersen
12. Seven Bridges Road (1972 Nashville Version) – Steve Young
13. Will The Circle Be Unbroken – Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
14. Sally G – Paul McCartney & Wings
15. Silver Wings – Earl Scruggs with Linda Ronstadt
16. A Six Pack To Go – Leon Russell (as Hank Wilson)
17. Matchbox (Live On The Johnny Cash Show) – Derek & The Dominos with Johnny Cash and Carl
ARTIST: VARIOUS ARTISTS
ALBUM: DYLAN, CASH, AND THE NASHVILLE CATS: A NEW MUSIC CITY
RELEASE DATE: FRIDAY JUNE 19th 2015