After months of anticipation, Fresno emcee Fashawn has finally released his long-awaited sophomore album, ‘The Ecology’, available for purchase now: https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/the-ecology/id962974629.
Taking his music to the next level with Nas as the executive producer for this project, Fashawn promises that this full-length album is well worth the wait, featuring a plethora of award-winning artists and producers including Nas, Aloe Blacc, Dom Kennedy, BJ The Chicago Kid, Alchemist, Exile, DJ Khalil and more.
Fashawn’s first single ‘Golden State of Mind’ ft Dom Kennedy, released late last year, became an instant fan favourite and the critic’s pick for today’s top West Coast anthem. To follow the massive response, Fashawn released the 2nd single ‘Guess Who’s Back’ (prod. by Beewirks), which featured gritty rhymes that paint a vivid picture of his personal situations and surroundings in the streets of his hometown Fresno.
To coincide with the drop of the album, Mass Appeal Records, director Punit Dhesi and Fashawn’s friends and family have released ‘The Ecology Documentary’, which gives an engaging glimpse into his beginning and background, and the influences in his hometown. You can check the documentary here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKunK8wsbs
THE ECOLOGY TRACKLISTING
1. Guess Who’s Back (prod. by Beewirks)
2. Confess (prod. by Exile)
3. Something to Believe In ft Nas & Aloe Blacc (prod. by DJ Khalil)
4. Higher (prod. by Exile)
5. To Be Young ft BJ the Chicago Kid (prod. by Exile)
6. Golden State of Mind ft Dom Kennedy (prod. by Exile)
7. Letter F (prod. by The Alchemist)
8. Place to Go (prod. by Exile)
9. Man of the House (prod. by Quincey Tones & Jo Caleb)
10. Out The Trunk (prod. by Exile)
11. It’s A Good Thing ft Aloe Blacc & Choosey (prod. by Exile)
12. Mother (prod. by Exile)
13. F.T.W (prod. by Exile)