SET FOR RELEASE FRIDAY AUGUST 21st 2015
FEATURES BRAND NEW TRACK FROM RUFUS WAINWRIGHT RECORDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE FILM
SOUNDTRACK ALSO INCLUDES CLASSIC AUSTRALIAN ROCK AND POP HITS, AS WELL AS FAVOURITE INTERNATIONAL ANTHEMS FROM THE 70S, 80S AND MORE!
Sony Music Entertainment Australia in conjunction with Goalpost Pictures is proud to announce the HOLDING THE MAN Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is set for release on Friday August 21st 2015.
HOLDING THE MAN is a love story for everyone and reaches the big screen in Neil Armfield’s breathtaking and moving adaptation of Tim Conigrave’s seminal memoir. Produced by Kylie du Fresne (The Sapphires), and written by Tommy Murphy who also adapted the book for the award-winning stage play, the film is an inspirational journey through passion, tragedy and love.
HOLDING THE MAN makes a compelling argument for equality and an end to prejudice, and does so in ￼the most convincing manner: by telling a story of true love that will resonate with all who experience it.
￼￼The film features a stellar cast including Ryan Corr, Craig Stott, Guy Pearce, Anthony LaPaglia, Kerry Fox, Sarah Snook and Camilla Ah Kin, and opens in Australian Cinemas on Thursday August 27th.
The soundtrack is the unforgettable music as featured highly in the film and combines Australian rock and pop hits as well as favourite international anthems from the 70s, 80s and more, plus the stunning classical score.
Director Neil Armfield spoke of how the soundtrack came to life. “The soundtrack for HOLDING THE MAN was always going to be rich in possibility, if only because Tim Conigrave’s own listening, recorded in his memoir, covering two decades from the early 70s into the 90s, occurred in such an amazingly fertile period for popular music”.
Neil goes on to add – “Working with Alan John as composer, and later with Paul Charlier as music supervisor, we put together song lists of all the music mentioned in his book, as well as a lot of music Tim might have listened to, and these became the soundtrack to my life as I prepared to make the film”.
The HOLDING THE MAN Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is the soundtrack of its generation – capturing musical highlights of the periods in which this epic love story is set.
“A moving, wonderful film about a grand and enduring love story” – Margaret Pomeranz
“Armfield has gone above and beyond to deliver one of the best directed films of the year“ – Twitch Film
“This movie could be Australia’s best shot at the Oscars”– Susannah Guthrie, The New Daily
Watch the HOLDING THE MAN movie trailer HERE
HOLDING THE MAN Original Motion Picture Soundtrack track listing
1. Sydney Philharmonia Motet Choir And Sydney Philharmonia Orchestra Conducted By Antony Walker – Gloria In D Major, Rv589: I. Gloria In Excelsis Deo
2. T-Rex – 20th Century Boy
3. Roger Hodgson – Dreamer
4. Dragon – This Time
5. Masters Apprentices – Because I Love You
6. Bronski Beat – I Feel Love
7. Dave Mason – Quasimodo’s Dream
8. Pete Shelley – Homosapien (Dub Mix)
9. Blue Oyster Cult – Don’t Fear The Reaper
10. Kaarin Fairfax And The Wikimen – Too Far Gone
11. Rufus Wainwright – Forever And A Year
12. Luca Crothers And The Sydney Chamber Choir – In The Bleak Midwinter
13. Bryan Ferry – Let’s Stick Together
14. Rockmelons – Love’s Gonna Bring You Home
15. Alan John – A Pair Of Star-Cross’d Lovers
16. Alan John – The Streak
17. Alan John – Floating Free/Christmas Angels
18. Phil Slater, Jackson Harrison, Brett Hirst, Toby Hall – The Secret’s Out
19. Alan John – Bob’s Descent Into Hell
ALBUM AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER NOW
JB HIFI: smarturl.it/HTMsoundtrack.JB
‘HOLDING THE MAN’ OPENS IN CINEMAS ON THURSDAY AUGUST 27th