When the Noosa Long Weekend festival became NOOSA alive!, we promised you 10 magical days and nights of music, theatre, food and fun….well here’s proof that we’re doing just that….from July 21 right through to July 30!
* LUKE KENNEDY – HIS VOICE – Opening night, ‘the J’ Theatre, Friday July21, 8 PM
An unmissable live experience for fans of brilliant music and power vocals. Accompanied by seven of Australia’s finest musicians Luke slides effortlessly through musical styles as he takes you from pub rocker to the ten tenors, to grand finalist on The Voice.
* FIRE IN THE SKY – Free family event, Noosaville Lions Park, Gympie Terrace, 3 PM Saturday July 22
The Hot FM breakfast team of Dave, Sam and Ash broadcast live from 3 PM in Noosaville Lions Park, with the NOOSA alive! dancers, a waterways spectacular and live music right through to 6 PM. Then the skies come alive at 6.PM with a spectacular fireworks show.
* QUEENSLAND BALLET – Saturday July 22, 2.30PM and 7.30 PM at ‘the J’Theatre
A superb program of classical, contemporary and neo-classical ballet, made even more special by the intimacy of the setting at the ‘J’ theatre.
Lior burst on to the Australian music scene some years back with his stunning debut album ‘Autumn Flow’, the most successful debut album in Australian musical history Don’t miss Lior’s much loved classic ‘This old love’ and a host of other Lior favourites
* THE FABULOUS BAKER GIRL- Monday July 24, 7.30 PM at ‘the J’ Theatre
The Roaring Twenties….it was wild and Josephine Baker, famous for her barely there dresses, took Europe by storm with her exotic beauty and voice of an Angel.
Now jazz stylist Juliarna Clark re-lives those times with her new show that takes you back to the golden age of Jazz‘
* THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO – Tuesday, July 25, 7.30 PM, Noosa Leisure Centre, Wallace Drive Noosaville
A festival highlight and a ‘must’ for serious music lovers. Opera Australia are bringing Mozart’s brilliant Opera to the Noosa Leisure Centre for one performance only…It’s the Downton Abbey of Opera but a lot more fun!…stunning costumes, a fabulous set and a chorus of local school kids accompanying some of Australia’s finest singers. If you’ve never been to the Opera, this is the perfect introduction.
* HOLD THE PICKLE – Wednesday July 26, 1 PM and 8 PM, ‘the J’ Theatre
Rachel Berger, Australia’s favourite comedian, opens the door on her parent’s delicatessen to deliver a human story of a family’s journey from the war camps of Europe to a strange new life in Oz…..”Do whatever you can to get a ticket”, said Broadway World.
* COMEDY AT LOCALE – Wednesday July 26, Early dinner show 5.30 – 7.30,
Dinner show, 8 – 10.30…. Locale restaurant, 62 Hastings St Noosa Heads
The master of timing, Simon Taylor, gets up close and personal in the intimate setting of Locale, the iconic Hastings St restaurant. Simon has written for all the greats, including Jay Leno, on the ‘tonight show’. Laughs and great food….what a combination!
* MATTHEW MITCHAM CABARET– DOUBLE BILL Thursday,7.30 PM, ‘the J’Theatre
Share Matthews’s personal journey from Olympic Diving Gold, to Cabaret star, plus the highs and lows in between. This all singing, all dancing production is full of twists and turns…a perfect ten!
* LADY BEATLE –Saturday July 29, 3.00 PM and 8.00 PM, ‘the J’ Theatre
Naomi Price, stars in this ‘must see’ live musical event of the year. It’s a fantastical tale about the women who inspired the Beatles greatest hits…and they’re all there, including ‘Lucy in the sky with diamonds’, ‘Eleanor Rigby’, ‘Penny Lane’ and more.
* ROCOCO BEACH CLUB MARQUEE – Thursday July 28 to Sunday July 31, Noosa Main Beach
The Rococo beach club marquee brings a dynamic Latin beach club atmosphere and four full days of all inclusive cabaret, dinner and shows, casual beach parties, bbq’s, fashion shows and art workshops…a fitting finale to Noosa alive!
* MISS HUMMINGBIRD – Friday July 28, 12 noon – 3.30pm Noosa Main Beach, Lunch and Show, Noosa Main Beach
The Ultimate ‘Ladies Lunch’ Couture Runway Show. Stunning fashion show starring Festival favorite, Sunday Lucia as Miss Hummingbird and the luscious NOOSA alive! dancers. Celebrity Chef: Matt Golinski & cocktails by Claudio. Special guest cameos: Naomi Price, Fem Belling and Boogie Woogie queen Jan Preston!
* BROADWAY ON THE BEACH – Thursday July 27, 5pm-9pm Dinner and Show, Noosa Main Beach
The Queensland Session Orchestra joins Musical Director Joe Ruberto and the enchanting Fem Belling in a journey through the golden age of musical film and theatre in this one-off spectacular Cabaret performance on Noosa Main Beach!
* FALLING IN LOVE AGAIN – Friday 28 July, 8pm at The J Theatre
Jennifer Ward-Lealand (New Zealand’s sweetheart) pays tribute to the iconic actress and singer Marlene Dietrich singing highlights from Miss Dietrich’s films, concerts and recordings. It’s been said that Jennifer Ward-Lealand is Marlene Dietrich incarnate!
AND MUCH MUCH MORE!………
Why not make your own choice, go to www.noosaalive.com.au and BOOK NOW!