The countdown is on! With only two weeks to go until Baz Luhrmann’s smash hit STRICTLY BALLROOM THE MUSICAL cha cha cha’s into the Lyric Theatre, Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC) from 9 September 2015.
We know you have heard it all before, but did you know that…
• The Newspaper Headlines on the Newspapers outside Toledo Milk Bar are changed during each performance to show time has passed.
• The Clock in Kendall’s Dance Studio is at 4 o’clock during Act 1 and 7 o’clock during Act 2.
• The Rubbish Boxes are connected to the bin by Hot Glue. One stick of glue is used per show.
• The Sangria on stage is made up of Cranberry Juice which the company all love to drink to keep up their energy for the Toledo Scene.
• There are nine smoke machines of various uses in the show.
• There is a separate lighting cue for every single “AH” in the LOVE IS IN THE AIR Finale (that’s 56 cues).
• There are 2 x sound consoles, 184 x speakers, 77 x microphones and over 142 x channels of audio used in the show.
• There are 6 x cameras and 15 x television monitors are used during the show, plus 72 x radio frequencies and 40 x sound effects.
• 745 metres of coloured ostrich feather are used in the show.
• 208,800 diamantes on stage.
• There are 84 wigs in the show.
• Each wig is redressed each day and washed weekly.
• A handmade wig takes 5 days of continuous knotting to make, each wig is valued at $4000.
• 5 litres of spray tan is used a week.
• There are over 1000 lighting cues.
• There is over 2km of festooning containing over 4000 individual globes.
• The Company consume 600 litres of water a week.
The musical has been brought to life on the stage by the original creative team behind the classic 1992 film, including Director and Co-writer Baz Luhrmann, Set and Costume Designer Catherine Martin, Choreographer John “Cha Cha” O’Connell and Co-writer Craig Pearce.
This uplifting and courageous tale will tango, sashay and bogo pogo its way onto QPAC’s Lyric Theatre Stage from 9 September 2015 for a strictly limited season.
Tickets are now on sale via qpac.com.au or call 136 246 with final shows just released.
Strictly Amazing – Four Stars
A musical not to miss
Today, Channel Nine
Big, bright & joyous….Captures the heart
Global Creatures Presents
Strictly Ballroom The Musical
Directed by Baz Luhrmann
Dates: From 9 September 2015
Venue: Lyric Theatre, QPAC, Cultural Precinct, South Bank, Brisbane
Tickets: Please refer to www.qpac.com.au for pricing
Bookings: Go to www.qpac.com.au or phone 136 246
Groups: Call (07) 3840 7466 or email email@example.com
Photo Credit: SCOTT & FRAN PAN PACIFICS. PHOTO BY JEFF BUSBY