Glitter Festival is the Gold Coast’s first ever celebration of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, A-sexual, Pansexual + community, which will run 28 September to 5 October this year. Undertaken and proudly presented by The Arts Centre Gold Coast with the blessing of the City and the Mayor, Glitter Festival is an inclusive event that aims to bring the community together through the medium of art and culture.
Inspired by the colour and vibrancy of our very own ‘glitter strip,’ The Arts Centre Gold Coast today at 10.30am launched the highly anticipated Glitter Festival 2015 program. In an extremely varied and multi-layered schedule, you will find something for everyone!
From comedy to cabaret, visual arts to long lunches, motion pictures and a race day at the Turf Club; Glitter is an inclusive festival that demonstrates the city’s coming of age and showcases our readiness to be proud and sophisticated in our creative aspirations.
In addition to shows and performances there are a number of opportunities for the community to express themselves and genuinely get involved in the delivery of the festival. There’s a mixture of both ticketed and free events to ensure easy accessibility.
Here’s a snapshot of just some of the Festival highlights:
· Liza (on an E) – Trevor Ashley channels the iconic Liza Minelli in a show stopping power packed cabaret performance. Trevor is starring in the current national tour of Les Miserables.
· Joel Creasey – Australian comedian now in popular demand following his TV appearance in I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, Joel returns to the Gold Coast to entertain fans with his intelligent observations and pop-culture expertise..
· Glitter Fair Day – the biggest ‘family’ reunion of its kind.
· Race Day – Positioned trackside in the gorgeous Dome, Glitter Race Day is full of fillies and fabulous fun!
· Pride Run – 5km run, walk or dance around the picturesque Evandale Parklands with family and friends. Includes a dog walk and a high heel dash!
The Glitter Festival film component features a series of premieres exclusive to the Gold Coast:
· Holding the Man – eagerly anticipated movie screening on the Gold Coast for the very first time
· Freeheld – round off the end of the Festival on the final day with this one-off screening.
· #GLITTERLIFE Instagram Photography Competition – presenting a community based Instagram competition to capture your LGBTIQAP+ life on the Gold Coast
· YogArt – what do you get when you mix art and yoga? YogArt!
Further Festival information and individual ticketed shows and events are now available for booking via The Arts Centre Gold Coast website at www.theartscentregc.com.au/glitter including the Triple Treat Ticketing Package* offering a 15% discount to Festival patrons who book tickets to three or more shows.
*Terms and conditions apply, more information via www.theartscentregc..com.au/glitter
Be prepared to be GLITTERED!