ANNOUNCING SPECIAL APPEARANCE FROM:
As they take on the international festival circuit in Brazil, Chicago, Japan, the UK, Holland, Spain, Germany… and our very own
Gympie Music Muster!
Plus second artist lineup announcement
The Gympie Music Muster is excited to announce international superstars Sheppard will this year be headlining Australia’s largest charitable music and camping festival. The group behind the international runaway hit and Australian #1 single Geronimo will bring their upbeat folk-pop party vibes to the main stage of the 34th Annual Gympie Music Muster, August 27 – 30.
The Gympie Music Muster will be one of a string of major international festivals Sheppard is performing at this year including Rock in Rio (Brazil), Lollapalooza (USA), Summer Sonic (Japan), Isle of Wight (UK), PinkPop (Holland), BBK Live (Spain) and Southside & Hurricane (Germany).
Sheppard were set to grace the Muster stages at last year’s festival, but were catapulted to superstardom and performances in the US after knocking Pharrell Williams’ mega-hit Happy off the top of the Australian charts with the international smash Geronimo. Now they’re back, returning to the Muster in a special appearance to make it up to their day one fans.
“We were scheduled to do Gympie last year but unfortunately international commitments got in the way,” said Amy Sheppard. “We promised we’d make it up to fans and we can’t think of a better way than to add it to our tour diary for this year. We can’t wait!”
From humble beginnings, growing up in Brisbane and Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, siblings George, Amy, and Emma Sheppard joined Jay Bovino, Dean Gordon and Michael Butler – exploding onto the world stage last year, with Geronimo, the longest running #1 single by an independent Australian artist of all-time, going five times Platinum, an ARIA accredited Gold album for Bombs Away and the 2014 ARIA award for Best Group.
Sheppard will also join a host of artists which have just been added to the Muster’s bill as part of the second line up announce:
• Adam Eckersley Band • The Bushwackers • Felicity Urquhart • Travis List • Chad Morgan • The Soorleys • Pixie Jenkins • Dean Perrett • Blue Eyes Cry • Shelley & Lawrie Minson • Round Mountain Girls • The Bobkatz • Hillbilly Goats • The Mad Mullum Mob • Mick Lindsay • Darren Jack
• Adam Brand • Mary Chapin Carpenter [USA]
• Troy Cassar-Daley
• Amber Lawrence • Ian Moss • Catherine Britt • Luke O’Shea
• Ross Wilson • Morgan Evans • Tift Merritt [USA] • Wagons
• Mental As Anything • Jasmine Rae • Drew McAlister
• Caitlyn Shadbolt • Travis Collins
• Frankie J Holden & Wilbur Wilde • Troy Kemp
• Mason Rack Band • Ashleigh Dallas • Chelsea Basham
• Kaylens Rain • Kevin Bennett • Davidson Brothers
• James Blundell • Keith Potger • Hillbilly Goats • Matt Cornell
• Chase The Sun • Jody Direen [NZ] • Muster Poets
• Deep Creek Road • Kevin Borich • Mustered Courage
• Peter Denahy • Allan Caswell • Rusty & The Ayers Rockettes
• Shaun Kirk • Victoria Avenue • Tim Wheatly • Muster Ukes
• The Fabulous Green Machine • The Unforgiven • Kellys Heroes [UK]
…with more to come
The Gympie Music Muster will be held from August 27 – 30 in the stunning Amamoor Creek State Forest, just 90 minutes’ drive north of Brisbane.
2015 is the year you MUST do the Muster!