Actress and singer Haley Tju is not only one amazing talent growing up in the world of Film and TV in her home town of LA, she is also a Comedian, Voiceover, and works with Improvisation. She has become a house hold name on the Nickelodeons No One American TV show “Bella and the Bulldogs”. This rising star is certainly one to watch with bigger things to come.
We delighted to have Haley here who will share a few insights to herself and how she become involved in the world of acting!
1. Where were you born and raised?
I was born and raised in California.
2. What school do you attend and what are your favourite subjects ?
I have been homeschooled for approximately 3 years and I use the program American High School. It has definitely been amazing for my situation, but it does requires lots of responsibility. My favorite subjects would have to be English and Theatre.
3. How did you begin to want to be in the entertainment industry?
When I was younger I always loved the idea of portraying different characters. To me it was similar to expressing various personalities or alter egos of myself. So when my older sisters started acting I decided to hop on board as well.
4. Can you share with us what you have done so far and what been the most fun time ?
The most recent thing that I have appeared in is “Bella and the Bulldogs,” but before that I did a lot of guest star and recurring roles in shows like “Go On,” “The Thundermans,” “Hannah Montana,” and “Happily Divorced.” I also played the voice of Sqweep in the show “Monsters vs. Aliens” and that was probably one of the most fun experiences.
5. Is there anything else right now you want to do to learn and grow from in the industry ?
I would love to segue into filmmaking. I have an appreciation for every element that goes into making a film or TV show. I would also love to branch out and play other characters. I’d love to test my limits and play a wide variety of characters.
6. What are some of the things that you love to do in your free time and who inspires you each and every day?
In my free time I love writing and drawing. I think it’s imperative to let your creative side roam. My older sister definitely has a great impact on me. I find myself inspired by what she does and her passion for and devotion to acting.
7. Whats the type of hours you put in as to a day on set.
Depending on the day it usually consists of 9 hours.
8. Any advise you like to share to emerging actors growing into the industry.
Don’t let anyone else’s negativity effect your dreams or aspirations. In any business it is crucial to know that you are capable of achieving what you want and believe in but also there is no substitution for hard work. Stay passionate and determined.
9. What is your favourite music right now?
My favorite type of music at the moment is a lot of alternative and old jazz.
10. If you were given 5 top actors to work with who would they be ?
I would love to work with Cillian Murphy, Saoirse Ronan, Melissa McCarthy, James McAvoy, and Shailene Woodley.
11. If you had 3 wishes that can come true that required for you to share this in a way that would help the world what would they be?
I strongly believe in equality amongst all.